BME Graduate students Pasha Hadidi of the Athanasiou Lab and Yu (Charlie) Ouyang of the Cherry Lab co-authors on a recently published Science paper “Total Synthesis of a Functional Designer Eukaryotic Chromosome” describing the world’s first synthetic eukaryotic chromosome. As undergraduate students at the Johns Hopkins University in 2008, Hadidi and Ouyang, along with their fellow classmates, performed synthesis, cloning, and sequence analysis of DNA as part of a multidisciplinary team lead by Dr. Jef D. Boeke. The paper is receiving attention from CNN, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, io9, Scientific American, Salon, and many other important media outlets.
- Jackie Woods receives 2019 BMEGG Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- Caitlin Banks awarded Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Predoctoral Fellowship
- BMEGG Student Research Symposium 2019
- BMEGG Students attend Summer School on Clinical Biophotonics in Germany.
- Dovin Kiernan selected as 2018-2019 Professors for the Future Fellow.
- Noah Pacifici receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Outstanding Graduate Student Award for 2018
- Emmet Francis receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Student Research Symposium 2018
- Jenna Harvestine selected as Business Development Fellow