Rafael Shimkunas, 2nd-year PhD student in the BME Graduate Group, has published his first co-authored paper at UC Davis in the journal Science Signaling: http://stke.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/7/317/ra27. In the paper, which is featured on the cover of the issue, Rafael and Chen-Izu Lab colleagues used a novel hydrogel system to investigate the mechano-chemotransduction mechanisms in cardiac myocytes. They discovered mechanical stretch applied to cells activates nNOS signaling and contributes to aberrant calcium sparks that can lead to arrhythmia and heart failure.
- Anita Rajamani receives Keller Pathway Fellowship
- Amy Becker receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Student Research Conference 2017
- Eric Berg Receives 2017 Munir Award
- Oybek Kholiqov wins Edmund Optics 2016 Educational Award
- Sara Sukenik wins 1st in ISPE Poster Competition.
- Professor Sue Stover receives AVMA Lifetime Excellence in Research Award
- Chris Chapman receives NSF GROW award.
- Rafael Shimkunas receives NIH Predoctoral Grant Award
- Professor Erkin Seker selected as BMES Young Innovator