Rafael Shimkunas, 2nd-year PhD student in the BME Graduate Group, has published his first co-authored paper at UC Davis in the journal Science Signaling: http://stke.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/7/317/ra27. In the paper, which is featured on the cover of the issue, Rafael and Chen-Izu Lab colleagues used a novel hydrogel system to investigate the mechano-chemotransduction mechanisms in cardiac myocytes. They discovered mechanical stretch applied to cells activates nNOS signaling and contributes to aberrant calcium sparks that can lead to arrhythmia and heart failure.
- Dovin Kiernan selected as 2018-2019 Professors for the Future Fellow.
- Noah Pacifici receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Outstanding Graduate Student Award for 2018
- Emmet Francis receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Student Research Symposium 2018
- Jenna Harvestine selected as Business Development Fellow
- Divya Kernik selected as 2017-2018 Professors for the Future Fellow.
- Anita Rajamani receives Keller Pathway Fellowship
- Amy Becker receives NSF GRFP.
- BMEGG Student Research Conference 2017